A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Yorkshire Shows 2019
lbayorkie
Otley, West Yorkshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 256
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 23, 2018 - 5:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

8th September: Otley Vintage Transport Extravaganza, Knotford Nook, Otley ** Please log in to view **

lbayorkie
Otley, West Yorkshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
September 10, 2019 - 5:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to the 'Otley Transport Extravaganza' last Sunday, it was amazing, over 500 vintage and post vintage vehicles. There were supposed to be 3 Bantams but only 2 turned up, a D1 plunger and a 'Frankenstein' plunger made from all sorts of bits and bobs. Plenty of auto/moto jumble stalls as well as the usual bric-a-brac and side shows.

Unfortunately their owners were nowhere to be found, so I didnt get the chance to chat.

I would thoroughly recommend this event, its got be be one of the biggest one day events of its kind in the country.

Needless to say its free admission to exhibitors and only £4 for visitors, kids free.

Hopefully my Bantam will be on the road in time for next years show (I've said this before!)

** Please log in to view **

colk2004
York.
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 749
September 15, 2019 - 6:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was a damn good show for the £4! Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Plenty of decent bikes, cars, cycles and a load of other stuff besides. Nearly had an accident and bought that VW Kharmann Ghia! Sense and the missus prevailed on that one.

Cheers Col

BSA Bantam D10 so so near, Reliant Scimitar GTE SE6a - wiring in bits. FB Falcon 87 seat and wiring to do - still. Ariel Arrow now on the go! MZ125 running, Royal Enfield Classic love it, campervan done to tow some of the above!

lbayorkie
Otley, West Yorkshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
September 18, 2019 - 9:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are quite a few members locally so hopefully they can bring their Bantams next year, could be an excuse for an unofficial gathering of members. I think next year is the 24th and it gets bigger every year. Pleased you made the effort to come all the way from York. The web site advertising next years event and inviting exhibitors is now live. Looks like entrance is still £4

Alan

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Cornish Rooster: 3314

Anderzander: 3208

bart: 3134