A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Calendar Of Events 2020
taplowman
Area Rep
Club Member
Forum Posts: 353
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 5, 2020 - 7:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello All,

Firstly a Big Thank You to Matt and Mark Adams for meeting up and contributing to the formulation of our 2020 Branch Calendar of Events. All are welcome to attend and join in with our activities. 

Please find below the calendar of events for 2020, and note there may be additional events added throughout the year this is due to certain event dates not being available at the time of compiling the calendar.  

All dates, additions and venues to be confirmed as we go through the year via the Area Reps Section on the Club website.

Please note we are continuing the ride outs on the first Tuesday of the month from April to September. Any volunteers to plan and lead the ride outs would be welcome and I will add your name against your preferred ride out date - please contact me. If in doubt on the night of the ride out that the ride out will go ahead please contact the volunteer leader.

All ride outs start from our meeting venue - The Nags Head, Sawley near Long Eaton, Nottingham. NG103AL. Meet in the car park for the ride outs at 7pm - 7.15pm for a 7.30pm departure and meet in the bar around 8pm for all natter nights.Please note that sadly The Nags Head is currently on the market to be sold, if this happens we can hopefully still stay at The Nags Head however we have sourced several local venues should it be sold and necessary to move pubs. 

January 28th - Natter Night and catch up after the festive break.

February 1st and 2nd - Bristol Classic Bike Show.

February 15th and 16th - Telford Classic Dirt Bike Show.

February 25th - Natter Night and Quiz (Matt).

March 14th - BSA Bantam Club AGM 2020 - West Bar Sheffield.

March 20th - Bantam Racing Practise Day at Mallory Park.

March 28th and 29th Darley Moor Race Circuit, Ashbourne. (Test Day - Saturday and Racing on Sunday Round 1 ).

March 30th - Natter Night.

April 7th - First Ride Out of 2020 - Volunteer Required to lead. 

April 11th and 12th - Bantam Racing at Mallory Park.

April 25th -26th Stafford MotorCycle Show.

April 28th - Natter Night and Mystery Object Night - (Giles).

May 2nd - Darley Moor Racing Round 2.

May 5th - Ride Out - Volunteer Required to lead. 

May 16th - 17th Darley Moor Race Circuit near Ashbourne, Derbyshire. - Vintage MotorCycles and Bantam Racing. Branch Stand and camping weekend with Bantams on display. Free weekend entry for those displaying their Bantams - Organiser Giles.

May 26th - Natter Night.

June 2nd - Ride Out - Volunteer Required to lead.

June 14th - Darley Moor Racing Round 3.

June 20th and 21st BSA Bantam National Rally at Kelsall Steam and Vintage Rally 2020 near Chester.

June 30th - Natter Night.

July 7th - Ride Out - Volunteer Required to lead.

July 5th (Sunday) - Classic Motorcycle Day at Crich Tramway Village. Branch stand and bikes on display - Free entry to event and museum when displaying your Bantam on the stand - Book prior to the event. Event and Date TBC.

July 11th - 12th - Darley Moor Racing Round 4.

July 19th - Founders Day Stanford Hall.

June 27th and 28th - Bantam Racing at Anglesey.

July 25th and 26th - Bantam Racing at Pembrey.

July 28th - Natter Night

August 4th - Ride Out - Volunteer Required to lead.

August 25th (Tuesday) - Annual BBQ and Skittles Match versus the local BSA Owners Club at The Nags Head, Sawley. Event and Date TBC.

September 1st - Ride Out- Volunteer Required to lead.

September 5th and 6th - Bantam Racing at Mallory Park.

September 13th - Darley Moor Racing Round 5.

September 26th and 27th - Bantam Racing at Cadwell Park.

September 29th - Natter Night 

October 10th - 11th Darley Moor Racing Round 6 - Incorporating The Stars at Darley.

October 10th - 11th - Stafford Classic MotorCycle Mechanics Show.

October 27th - Natter Night and review of 2020 events.

November 14th and 15th - NEC Classic Motor Show.

November 24th - Natter Night and issue of draft 2021 calendar.

December 8th - Christmas celebratory meal at The Nags Head - All wives / partners welcome.

December 26th - Boxing Day Steam Carnival at The Royal Oak - Ockbrook starting around 10am.

December 26th - Plum Pudding Races at Mallory Park - 2,3 and 4 Wheel Racing !!

Regards

Giles.

Tezza175
Newark , Notts.
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 45
January 8, 2020 - 11:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi ,

I have just read your message , referring to the 2020 calendar of events.

It says the first event is Jan 28th ,  natter night.

In the Bantam Banter magazine I have noticed it refers to  this coming weekend an event at the Newark show ground.

The Carol Nash classic bike show on 11th and 12th Jan.

Also the event is shown online.

Is the Bantam club now not having a stand at the show ?.

I have a Bantam D7 1961 plate and was looking toward a visit , a chat and possibly some parts to bring home .

Please let me know if you will still be at the show.

Best regards Terry ( 3588 ).

My d7 might be super one day !

wildun
Lincolnshire.
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 194
January 8, 2020 - 1:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Terry,

if I can jump in on this, hopefully to explain.

The 2020 calendar of events that you are viewing is for the very active south Derbyshire and Nottingham local section, not for the entire national club events.

The Newark Winter Classic Bike Show is indeed on this coming weekend, 11 and 12 January. There will indeed be a Bantam Club stand, hopefully 14 bikes. This display is organised by the Lincolnshire Section of the Bantam Owners Club, hence why it does not appear in the local calendar of events that you are viewing on this post. Please go and say hello, but make sure that you speak to someone on the stand and introduce yourself and they will be pleased to talk to you. There are always lots of casual onlookers at this type of stand, that is why, if you have a specific interest, you have to speak first, don't be afraid to do that.

By the way, this is a bike show, not a specific autojumble. There will be some secondhand parts for sale and also traders, But do not expect to come away with everything that you need. You may, you may not.

Enjoy the show, I intend to. Regards.

1951 Bantam D1 125, 1954 Bantam Enduro 125, 1970 Bantam B175, all Bantams on the road and ridden regularly, 1995 Yamaha Diversion 900 and 2016 Honda Integra 750 scooter. Horses for courses, all very different to each other, but a bike for every occasion.

Tezza175
Newark , Notts.
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 45
January 8, 2020 - 9:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Wildun,

Thanks for advice regarding the bsa display stand this weekend. 

Much appreciated, I will hopefully be able to come on Sunday. 

I'll look forward to meeting both yourself and other members. 

Some I may recall meeting at my first visit to the stand at the Woollaton Autocarna last summer !.

Cheers Terry

My d7 might be super one day !

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online: cocorico, colk2004, wingnut, JulianS, bantammad
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Cornish Rooster: 3314

cocorico: 3275

Anderzander: 3208