June 13, 2015
March 22, 2020
The gear puller arrived, stripped its thread and went back. I couldn't remagnetise the flywheel off the bike as it simply wouldn't shift and I was reluctant to use the hot spanner so I put the yoke on, blasted it and reassembled the ignition system. A firm swing and away it went, running like a good 'un.
I spent the lunchtime turning up brass bushes on the company lathe for the seat mechanism. The off switch stud was turned up in Tufnol and works well and I am considering drilling a hole in the carb to fit an idling adjuster screw. This week, I need to get the seat made and fitted which will see the bulk of the mechanical work done.
Once it is fitted, the bike will be rideable and then I can start on the cosmetics and the wiring. I must contrive a shunt regulator for what I have in mind and as the Bluebird has no speedometer, I have to fit a nice digital one where it will most offend the purists.
Most Users Ever Online: 223
Currently Online: sunny, ZZ, Stoo63, al1991night
Currently Browsing this Page:
Cornish Rooster: 3290
Blue Heeler: 2840
Sprung Chicken: 2642
David Dale: 2453
Mags 1: 2329
Guest Posters: 1477
Administrators: Bantam-Super, JMD, Springs, Stoo63