A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Sarolea 123
stubaker58
Sunny Felixstowe
Area Rep
Club Member
Forum Posts: 532
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 5, 2020 - 7:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like a fantastic piece of work, I love to see it. I just Email pictures to myself and choose a small size when asked!

Hope you find those nuts.

D7/14 hybrid (4 speed with D7 crank etc.) on the road, D10 Bushman awaiting rebuilding.

tomshep
Second Gear User
Site Member
Forum Posts: 8
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 7, 2020 - 7:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The gear puller arrived, stripped its thread and went back. I couldn't remagnetise the flywheel off the bike as it simply wouldn't shift and I was reluctant to use the hot spanner so I put the yoke on, blasted it and reassembled the ignition system. A firm swing and away it went, running like a good 'un.

I spent the lunchtime turning up brass bushes on the company lathe for the seat mechanism. The off switch stud was turned up in Tufnol  and works well and I am considering drilling a hole in the carb to fit an idling adjuster screw. This week, I need to get the seat made and fitted which will see the bulk of the mechanical work done.

Once it is fitted, the bike will be rideable and then I can start on the cosmetics and the wiring. I must contrive a shunt regulator for what I have in mind and as the Bluebird has no speedometer, I have to fit a nice digital one where it will most offend the purists.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online: sunny, ZZ, Stoo63, al1991night
24 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

cocorico: 3698

Cornish Rooster: 3290

bart: 3113

Blue Heeler: 2840

Sprung Chicken: 2642