A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Ariel Arrow 200. Once again more madness.
BantamBaz
Reading Berkshire
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 50
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 19, 2020 - 1:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes the crank is in 2 part joined in the centre with Allen bolt on a taper. The crank case covers come off either side. Very easy to strip. I made a puller to draw off the crank covers.

Barrie.

colk2004
York.
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 778
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 19, 2020 - 2:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

chickensoup said
Hi There.

Well done so far, a fantastic restoration. A previous nieghbour of mine had an Ariel Leader ( is that the 250c version ) Looked pretty nippy too. He once told me you could completely strip down the engine of all major components, without removing the engine from the frame. True or false.

look forward seeing the finished item.....

Nick  

The Leader was always a 250cc and the Arrow was up till the last year and a bit of Ariel production when they introduced a slightly cheaper 200cc model to get into a lower road tax and insurance bracket. Total of 854 200s made. The engine is weird in that I bolted the bare crankcases into the frame and built the bike off the engine! Crank is a 2 part thing where a half threads in from each side and has a cover with oil seal on each side. Gearbox is like a cassette box in that the whole box slides in on the outer cover. I'll stick a video of it running when I get there. This one is being a pig due to it being badly stored. Just off to repair the speedo next.

Cheers Col 

BSA Bantam D10 so so near, Reliant Scimitar GTE SE6a - wiring in bits. FB Falcon 87 wiring to do - still. Ariel Arrow now on the go! MZ125 running, Royal Enfield Classic love it, campervan done to tow some of the above! Velo LE in bits!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online: swalsh58
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

cocorico: 3424

Cornish Rooster: 3314

bart: 3130

Sprung Chicken: 2659

David Dale: 2485