A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
2018 Events
BASIL
Hamstreet,Ashford.
Area Rep
Club Member
Forum Posts: 940
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 1, 2018 - 11:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well firstly Happy New Year to everyone, as you can see I am back as your area rep for 2018 and with not many wind tubine jobs coming up I should be able to put a bit more effort in to the club this year but I would like a little bit of help at some of the events if possible.

The events that I propose entering us in to are as follows: Elk promotions show at Ashford market on 2nd April Easter Monday then a joint stand at Detling Heritage Transport show with the EACC on 7th April the next show would be the Elk show at Hamstreet on 24 June then the Biddenden Tractorfest on 18th&19th August and finaly I always show my Bantams on the West Sussex stand at the Ardingly show which is on the 28th October this year if any one wants to join me on this show please let me or Ray Leggett know, if any member wants to show their bikes at any of these shows can I ask them to make their own arrangements booking in, but please let me know so I can arrange the size of the stand. If any member has an idea for other shows we could attend maybe further north in Kent please let me know, so far all these shows do not have an entry fee, I have cut out those that charged a fee last year as I feel we are actually providing the show and should not have to pay for the privilige!!!

Ok now down to monthly meetings I have spoken with the Kent BSA owners club and they would be happy for us to share their meetings with us, they have several meetings per month but I thought that one meeting on the 3rd Thursday a month to start with which would normally be at the Wagon and Horses which is near Charing, but am waiting for an email to confirm this as it's closed for January so it may be the Red Lion in Chilham, I feel we would be with like minded people and would make it more interesting.

At the moment I have left out entering the Weald Steam Fair as I know one of our members had a bad experience there last year but may add this at a later date. 

So once again Happy New Year to all 57 Kent members and hope to see you at some of the shows with your Bantams

Best regards Basil.

PS phone nos. 01233733241 07767320909 email is bsmithtransport @aol.com

swalsh58
St. Mary's Bay, Kent
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1240
January 1, 2018 - 11:43 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Basil, Happy New Year to you and good luck with the shows. I can come to the Ashford show on the 2nd April, the Hamstreet show in June, and finally Tractorfest in August.  I only have one Bantam now, but can always bring another bike with me that may be of interest......

I'm doubtful about getting to any of the monthly meetings in all honesty, but never say never....

Current bikes......1958 D5,  and a 76 Honda C90 in the workshop.

BASIL
Hamstreet,Ashford.
Area Rep
Club Member
January 1, 2018 - 3:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Steve, thanks for the offers, I will take you up on those. Regards Basil.

GingerBSA
Guests
January 3, 2018 - 10:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

BASIL said

So once again Happy New Year to all 57 Kent members ..

I just joined the club a couple of days ago and live in Kent.  Hope I'm one of the 57!

swalsh58
St. Mary's Bay, Kent
Top Gear User
Club Member
January 3, 2018 - 10:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

GingerBSA said

BASIL said
So once again Happy New Year to all 57 Kent members ..

I just joined the club a couple of days ago and live in Kent.  Hope I'm one of the 57!  

I hope to see you at some of the shows we are at this year. 

BASIL
Hamstreet,Ashford.
Area Rep
Club Member
January 3, 2018 - 10:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Ginger, we would be pleased to see you at any event, and bring your Bantam whatever condition it is in. Regards Basil.

swalsh58
St. Mary's Bay, Kent
Top Gear User
Club Member
January 23, 2018 - 9:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Basil, I have posted my entries off for Ashford, Hamstreet and Tractorfest. See you there!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online: sunny, Digby
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

cocorico: 3252

Cornish Rooster: 3154

bart: 2829

Blue Heeler: 2669

David Dale: 2422