A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
BSA Bantam Club 2015 National Rally (Norfolk)
Piquet
West Norfolk
Top Gear User
Site Member
Forum Posts: 1846
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
This post is pinned 1
March 26, 2015 - 10:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The BSA Bantam Club National Rally is open to all BSA Bantam Owners and will be held from lunchtime Friday 7th August to 5pm Sunday 9th August in conjunction with the Starting Handle Club annual show, (the Marsham Summer Show is on the Saturday and Sunday), all are welcome. More details to follow.

Entry application is now closed.

Please Note:- Entrants will not receive any paperwork through the post, just sign in on arrival.

Details of the hosting event here

** Please log in to view **

I'm not a complete idiot ............................................ some parts are missing.

deejaykev67
Warwick
Area Rep
Club Member
Forum Posts: 243
December 13, 2014 - 6:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi all,

Hoping to get in early,the dates for the national gathering 2015 are Aug 8/9th 2015. The venue will be the Starting Handle Club summer show at Marsham,norfolk. Camping/caravan/motorhome pitches will be available,but we need to know how many if possible please folks!

Either contact myself (Kevin Leek,suffolk rep or Jon Ballard,norfolk, or Pete Wilson,essex/club sec.)

travelling man
Guests
December 14, 2014 - 10:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Kev.... Please include me in the National Gathering next year. Been to the previous 2 years Nationals and had a great time.......Mark.

BASIL
Hamstreet,Ashford.
Area Rep
Club Member
Forum Posts: 909
December 15, 2014 - 2:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, hopefully I should be able to bring my bikes, but you are spoiling it for Jon he usualy likes about 9 hours in the saddle to get there. Regards Basil.

David Jordan
Bedfordshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 73
December 15, 2014 - 5:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'll be there if I'm spared, but at my great age I won't be camping. I'll bring a D1 and a D10 if I can figure out a way of riding two at the same time. Second thoughts, I'll hire a van!

David.

Oily Rag
Guests
December 15, 2014 - 8:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I too will be there.  D14 with a lorra lorra luggage.

If you do decide to ride, David it would be some company.

~Steve~

deejaykev67
Warwick
Area Rep
Club Member
December 15, 2014 - 9:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great to see the good responses coming in,it will be good to see you all there!

Kev.

deejaykev67
Warwick
Area Rep
Club Member
January 27, 2015 - 9:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope fully Jon (norfolk rep) will be doing some recce trips soon to sort out the routes for a couple of ride outs, one on fri eve possibly along the norfolk coast with a fish & chip stop along the way,& sat with a possible visit to the North Walsham motorcycle museum....watch this space!!

deejaykev67
Warwick
Area Rep
Club Member
June 8, 2015 - 7:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I spoke to John (norfolk rep) yesterday,he is in the final stages of getting the routes for the ride outs done. Both approx 50 miles,friday a trip to the broads & a stretch of the coast road with a chip butty stop. Sat around the countyrside with a visit to the north walsham motorcycle museum. 

BSAdave
London
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1206
July 2, 2015 - 6:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure about getting time off due to work commitments, can you book in and pay on the day? 

D1 D3 D5 D7 Suzuki TS 125, Yamaha YDS7 250 and a Narrow boat called Firbob. https://www.you.....SVE5bEFErg

Piquet
West Norfolk
Top Gear User
Site Member
July 2, 2015 - 11:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why not apply anyway? As far as I am aware, the only thing you have to pay for is the Hogroast, so if you do not request that, there is nothing to lose!

I'm not a complete idiot ............................................ some parts are missing.

BSAdave
London
Top Gear User
Club Member
July 3, 2015 - 9:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok Just filled the form out, hopefully see you all there.

D1 D3 D5 D7 Suzuki TS 125, Yamaha YDS7 250 and a Narrow boat called Firbob. https://www.you.....SVE5bEFErg

BSAdave
London
Top Gear User
Club Member
July 9, 2015 - 8:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got an e mail saying my application was being considered and have not herd any thing since.

ros77oo
Guests
July 9, 2015 - 9:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I didnt get an email response to my application.

After I completed the form on line it said it had been submitted.......?dunno

Piquet
West Norfolk
Top Gear User
Site Member
July 9, 2015 - 10:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Everyone who applied should have had confirmation that the application was submitted both on the application page and by email. Unfortunately, due to a slight misconfiguration we have only just identified and are in the process of rectifying, some emails from the Club accounts get marked as 'spam' or 'junk' and depending on how your email is setup, may not be seen unless you specifically look for them.

Jon has also said that no paperwork will be sent out, all you have to do is turn up and sign in.

hope-that-helps

CharlieCeng
Guests
July 16, 2015 - 6:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any more news on the activities for the rally? I need to plan my weekend around SWMBO!

Norfolk Jon
Norfolk
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 20
July 26, 2015 - 7:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a quick reminder to anyone who is attending that the rally is starting from lunch time on Friday the 07th August.

This should hopefully give everyone who wishes to attend the ride out on Friday night time to set up as we will be starting the run at around 16.30 stopping on route for chip butties before making our way to Whitwell station bike meet.

I also want  to finish the ride before it gets too late taking into account some bantam headlamps can be a bit marginal and I don't want to be a bad host by not being on site for the later arrivals.

Thanks

Jon

CharlieCeng
Guests
July 26, 2015 - 8:46 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

What time is the Saturday run, Jon?

Norfolk Jon
Norfolk
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 20
July 26, 2015 - 2:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm aiming for around 16.00 as a start time for the Saturday but I need to make sure it is ok to leave the site at this time with the starting handle club as there will still be members of the public at the show.

I also need to confirm that this is going to be a good time for the motorcycle museum.

If anyone would like a copy of the friday and saturday night directions I have written out some key points that I can e-mail out.

I would also like to say a big thank you to David Paddick and John Walden who have been out and about with me planning and learning the routes.

Jon 

travelling man
Guests
July 26, 2015 - 10:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey a ride out on the Friday before the Rally starts..... yes Im up for that. Ill be arriving about 1pm plenty of time to get my tent up and get settled in. Cant wait... looking forward to this....... Mark.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

cocorico: 3559

Cornish Rooster: 2917

Blue Heeler: 2434

bart: 2433

David Dale: 2144