A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
2020 BSA Bantam Club National Rally
pete (Secretary and Essex and London Rep)
Essex
Area Rep
Club Secretary
Committee
Forum Posts: 41
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 16, 2020 - 2:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

** Please log in to view **

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
BSAdave
London
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1492
March 10, 2020 - 10:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is there any other way of registering for this without printing and scaning and emailing the form, I dont have access to a printer or scanner any more.

Would love to be able to attend.

Cheers

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong

b175er
saltfleetby
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 555
March 10, 2020 - 3:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Dave. I believe there'll be an application form with the next edition of the Banter. Ken.

two B175s and a CB360

BSAdave
London
Top Gear User
Club Member
March 11, 2020 - 10:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you clap

BSAdave
London
Top Gear User
Club Member
March 17, 2020 - 8:10 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In light of the recent policy by the government on the virus will this still be on ?

The pioneer run and the Isle of man TT have already been cancelled

Stoo63
GLASGOW
Area Rep
Forum Posts: 647
March 17, 2020 - 9:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm sure that discussions will be under way, Dave and we'll know asap. Especially as the demographic for this event will include many over-70's and the most vulnerable. As with many things just now, it's a bit of a case of wait and see. Hopefully by June things will have improved massively, but obviously decisions have to be made well in advance. Watch this space.....

'52 D1 direct lighting plunger, '58 Square Four (project), '59 D1 direct lighting plunger,  '59 Tiger Cub, '60 5TA,  '76 FS1-E

Sponge
Lancashire (A chip shop somewhere near Preston)
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 220
March 17, 2020 - 10:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree, although we live in serious times,  its important not to knee-jerk everything away.  It does no harm to plan and then wait and see but I guess its up to the show organisers.

Of all the diverse things I get involved with I consider evenings alone in the shed with spanners and screwdrivers and riding one of my Bantams solo in the fresh air to be my least risk activity and even if we just ride to Kelsall, check-in (by shouting our details from a distance) then ride home again it's something good to look forward to and count me in.   I will eat my crash helmet if anybody gets COVID19 from riding a BSA !!

Don't forget to wipe your helmet down with anti-bac when you are finished with it for the day. 

Fingers crossed

Sponge

Bryan Price
near Grantham
Membership Secretary
Committee
Forum Posts: 271
March 21, 2020 - 12:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

As posted elsewhere on this Forum - the Stafford Show has been rescheduled from April, to the weekend before the Annual Rally. I'm also aware that other major shows at the NEC etc have been rescheduled from March/April to June/July. So there are some wise souls who believe that we will be in 'recovery mode' by then. They must've spent some time and effort investigating this - so who am I to question them?? As Sponge says above - it does no harm to plan, and maybe wait and see. No doubt Tim Randles is all over it.

tip-my-hat

D1 Plunger, D3 Swing Arm, D14/4 . Also e-mail me: membership@bsabantamclub.org.uk

NeilB
Guests
March 21, 2020 - 1:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I feel like anyone capable of owning a bantam, must naturally be immune to most health problems! 

cocorico
Central France
Top Gear User
Site Member
Forum Posts: 3412
March 21, 2020 - 2:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bryan Price said
... So there are some wise souls who believe that we will be in 'recovery mode' by then. They must've spent some time and effort investigating this - so who am I to question them?? ...

roflroflroflroflrofl

1956 D3 running, lights to sort. 7 other bikes in the Barn. 1950 D1 engine being rebuilt (slowly).

Number6
Lincolnshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 164
March 27, 2020 - 4:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm also aware that other major shows at the NEC etc have been rescheduled from March/April to June/July. So there are some wise souls who believe that we will be in 'recovery mode' by then. They must've spent some time and effort investigating this - so who am I to question them??

BBC News – NEC "Ready and willing to become a field hospital", so I think all bets are off

Also half a dozen other similar venues up and down the country

Mike H --

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.

swalsh58
St. Mary's Bay, Kent
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1458
March 27, 2020 - 5:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think all non essential gatherings of people will be off for most of the rest of the year. The peak will hit in a few weeks I reckon and things may settle down after that. Movements will be gradually less restrictive of course, but I cant see big non essential events going ahead. 

I would rather cancel them this year, and still be here for next...…….

Current bikes......1958 D5, a 77 Suzuki GT250 and a B175 almost ready for the road and a 76 Honda C90 in the workshop. A 1980 Honda CB400N now on the road and my everyday ride is a 2011 Harley Davidson Sportster. All bikes (except the D5) are now for sale...

Number6
Lincolnshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
March 27, 2020 - 5:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Indeed.

That was old news, is now definite that the NEC will be turned into a new hospital. And one other venue, didn't get the name properly sorry.

NB: the urgency is because the UK has only half the number of intensive care beds that Italy has, or had.

Mike H --

Murphy's 4th law of motion states that any small object that is accidentally dropped will immediately hide itself under a larger object.

Number6
Lincolnshire
Top Gear User
Club Member
March 27, 2020 - 6:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

And one other venue, didn't get the name properly sorry.

G-Mex Centre Manchester

Mike H --

Bryan Price
near Grantham
Membership Secretary
Committee
Forum Posts: 271
March 29, 2020 - 2:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The situation with the Virus is fast-moving: restrictions and reactions are changing quickly. My thanks to Wildun who pointed out, earlier this evening, that the Kelsall Steam & Vintage Show - host event for the Club's Annual Rally this year - has now been cancelled.   No more information yet.

tip-my-hat

D1 Plunger, D3 Swing Arm, D14/4 . Also e-mail me: membership@bsabantamclub.org.uk

Lone Wolf
The Black Country
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1448
March 29, 2020 - 8:32 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bryan Price said
The situation with the Virus is fast-moving: restrictions and reactions are changing quickly. My thanks to Wildun who pointed out, earlier this evening, that the Kelsall Steam & Vintage Show - host event for the Club's Annual Rally this year - has now been cancelled.   No more information yet.

tip-my-hat  

Wotcha.

Sadly, he's correct.

^..^

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online: Mags 1, sausage, Nick_S
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters: