A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
2018 BSA Bantam Club National Rally
Piquet
West Norfolk
Admin
Forum Posts: 2232
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 31, 2018 - 9:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Application Forms for the 2018 National Rally taking place at the ** Please log in to view **, South Cerney Airfield, Nr. Cirencester GL7 5QD over the weekend 3rd-5th August are available to download  and print now

** Please log in to view **

Please note, application is by Post only (direct to the Show Organisers, not the BSA Bantam Club) as the Forms require a signature. Fill in a separate Form for each bike but complete camping details on one Form only and please include a stamped, addressed envelope with your application.

I'm not a complete idiot ............................................ some parts are missing.

BSAdave
London
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1404
April 1, 2018 - 6:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whoops , you need to add a k on the end of the link for it to work or click here ** Please log in to view **

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong

BSAdave
London
Forum User
Club Member
April 1, 2018 - 6:43 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is early in the morning,

The insurance details they want, are they for the bike or the third party club insurance details ?

Are we all camped in the same place ? Are we camped near to the club stand ?

Bryan Price
near Grantham
GBG Compiler
Membership Secretary
Committee
Forum Posts: 251
April 1, 2018 - 11:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

They are asking for your own insurance details: i.e. - your policy for riding on the road. The Club insurance policy will cover competition machines. 

We are being allocated our own camping area, which will be immediately behind the Club's bike display area alongside a main thoroughfare. We are currently looking at hiring a decent-sized marquee for that area too, as a focal point for the Club (and in the event of bad weather).

regards

Bryan

D1 Plunger, D3 Swing Arm, D14/4 . Also e-mail me: membership@bsabantamclub.org.uk

b175er
saltfleetby
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 462
April 1, 2018 - 11:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Time off work booked and looking forward to it. Ken.

two B175s and a CB360

Doug Brown
Wiltshire
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 979
April 29, 2018 - 8:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sara and I always attend this one. Its probably the best show I have ever seen on a huge scale even the steam show takes half a day to see. Hundreds of motorcycles ,military, commercial and classic vehicles .

A funfair and most important to me stalls! Stalls that drive my poor wife to distraction , lol. See you all there.

Triumph Thunderbird 900 Yamaha rxs 100 and too many bantams !

Piquet
West Norfolk
Admin
Forum Posts: 2232
May 27, 2018 - 12:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a reminder that if you are thinking of coming to the Rally, there are only a few days left for you to get your entry posted to the Event Organisers.

Entries must be received by June 1st 2018.

I'm not a complete idiot ............................................ some parts are missing.

BSAdave
London
Forum User
Club Member
May 30, 2018 - 11:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My tickets arrived today clap. Looking forward to going, Never been to Gloucestershire before.

cocorico
Central France
Forum Posts: 2666
May 30, 2018 - 11:37 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

BSAdave said
...Never been to Gloucestershire before.  

Careful you don't go too far and end up in Wales - there be Dragons...

Seriously - it's a beautiful county (and so is Wales)

b175er
saltfleetby
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 462
May 31, 2018 - 9:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

BSAdave said
My tickets arrived today clap. Looking forward to going, Never been to Gloucestershire before.  

Me too. Can't wait !!

two B175s and a CB360

nickjaxe
Runcorn Cheshire UK
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1724
June 27, 2018 - 10:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope I wasn't to late getting my application in sent it in Thus 18 May...dead line Fri !st June.

2 mate also posted same day as me...upto now only one of our group of 3 has tickets.

I wonder if I got in in time??

Nick.

My Bantam video              https://www.you.....jpOFmzRZRI

Doug Brown
Wiltshire
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 979
July 27, 2018 - 10:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not looking too good for this. I'm in hospital again. Fourth time in a month. We had hope to bring a caravan and the bikes and be there for the whole week end. We may get there for one day if If I'm not in hospital 🤕

Triumph Thunderbird 900 Yamaha rxs 100 and too many bantams !

cocorico
Central France
Forum Posts: 2666
July 27, 2018 - 1:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Get well soon, Doug.

Mags 1
Northamptonshire.
Forum User
Site Member
Forum Posts: 2392
July 27, 2018 - 10:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Doug Brown said
Not looking too good for this. I'm in hospital again. Fourth time in a month. We had hope to bring a caravan and the bikes and be there for the whole week end. We may get there for one day if If I'm not in hospital 🤕  

My best wishes to you Doug, I hope you and your Mrs do make it, always glad to see both of you at any event, DD.

Four now on the road and at least several in bits.

Lone Wolf
The Black Country
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1433
July 28, 2018 - 2:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Doug Brown said

Wotcha.

Fingers crossed for you.  fingers-crossed

^..^

Derek's D5
Banter Editor
Club Librarian
Committee
Forum Posts: 1513
July 29, 2018 - 3:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

National Rally – important information for exhibitors

Remember we are guests of the Stroud Vintage Transport and Engine Club, and we must adhere to their instructions.

ENTRY

You must bring your yellow welcome slip, yellow motorcycle entry ticket(s) and blue camping ticket which will have been sent by post from the SVTEC motorcycle display section organiser.

Please read the welcome slip thoroughly. Note that the exhibitor entrance closes at 10.00 on Saturday and Sunday. Delayed entry may be possible by special arrangement controlled by the Gate Officer and Motorcycle Section Leader. Departure cannot be before 5 pm.

On the back of your welcome slip there’s a map of the site. Gate staff will direct you to the Exhibitor Camping Area (where we have a designated Bantam Club camping area).

Please sign in at the Club Marquee at the motorcycle display area as soon as possible. This is marked on the map- more or less in the middle of the site. Please have bikes displayed by 10.00 on Saturday and Sunday because the public will be wandering around.

GENERAL STUFF

Our marquee is sited at the motorcycle display area, close to the arena. Please visit the marquee to get the latest info and updates- this is a large and busy event, and we may have to accommodate re-scheduling requests from the organisers. Our Saturday evening 'social' will be at our marquee.

IN THE ARENA

The motorcycles will be in the arena from 10.40 – 11.40 on Saturday and Sunday. If you wish to ride your bantam around the arena, please be ready at the motorcycle display area (which is conveniently next to the arena). We understand that helmets are optional, and silly hats are encouraged. There will be commentary and perhaps a silly musical soundtrack!

DISPLAYING YOUR BANTAM

Don’t forget that bantams must be on the display area until 17:00. They must be taken back to your camping area overnight. This is so that the motorcycle display area is clear for the following morning's set-up.

RIDE-OUTS

Friday evening ride-out will be starting at approximately 17:30 – 18:00. Please be at the Club Marquee by the Motorcycle display area in plenty of time.

Saturday evening ride-out cannot leave until after the last activities in the arena, which is expected to be around 17.40. We will aim to leave around 17.45 – 18.00.

BANTAM CLUB GATHERING

Around 20:00 on Saturday evening (after the ride-out) we’ll have an informal gathering at our marquee. As usual, there will be entertaining speeches and awards! Bring your own drinks - there is a bar and catering area nearby.

FOOD

The Club has generously provided one food voucher worth £4.00 for each exhibitor. This can be used at the catering area on-site, which is close to our club marquee. This gives you all the flexibility to eat a meal of your choice at a convenient time. Bring your meal to the club gathering on Saturday evening if you wish!

EVENT PROGRAMME

There is a comprehensive show programme available to purchase, with all proceeds going to charity.

BSAdave
London
Forum User
Club Member
July 29, 2018 - 3:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Might be worthwhile posting on the FB site ?? if you want i can copy and past it there.

nickjaxe
Runcorn Cheshire UK
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 1724
July 29, 2018 - 5:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do we need to bring proof of insurance for our bikes?

Nick.

My Bantam video              https://www.you.....jpOFmzRZRI

Derek's D5
Banter Editor
Club Librarian
Committee
Forum Posts: 1513
July 29, 2018 - 10:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nick- as far as I can tell from the information that's come through the post with the tickets, we haven't been asked to bring it with us. By signing your entry form you're confirming that you have a standard road insurance policy.

Dave- I've asked Dave Clough who is an admin on the FB page to post it. I sent him a PM today, asking for it to be pinned to the top. By all means go ahead and paste it, if it doesn't appear on FB soon.

BSAdave
London
Forum User
Club Member
August 9, 2018 - 10:22 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A couple of pictures.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1836/43223869464_be72807c28_k.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/848/43223869984_f1b1e40d6f_k.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1800/43894758842_77f82d38e1_k.jpg