A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
EAST SUSSEX AREA - A word or two from your Area Rep' - Update. August 2017.
Beachy Head Boy
East Sussex
Second Gear User
Site Member
Forum Posts: 28
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 21, 2017 - 5:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Our meeting last Friday was a great success with a total of ten members coming along. We met at Horsebridge and took a steady ride via the A271, past Herstmonceaux Castle to the Pevensey roundabout and then A259 to The Custome Cafe. There was a mixture of old and new bikes but at least Bantams were well represented and a couple of members came by car.

As usual it was quite busy and having got our cups of tea or coffee we sat in the hot evening sunshine, basking in a wonderful summers evening, chatting.

Well OK, it was a little bit chilly. In fact more like March but the company and the conversation were good. As lead rider I kept checking my mirrors to ensure that I had not left anybody behind and I kept seeing this dazzling headlight. I was clearly a rider on a big sports bike and I kept wondering why he did not come past. It was only when we got to the cafe that I realised it was Ian's Bantam headlight, or searchlight more like. Mr Lucas or Mr Wipac would have been amazed; a Bantam with a headlight that not only lit the road for the rider but made all other road users aware of its' presence! Crossing Pevensey Levels the westerly wind was really gusting and the Bantam riders had to work their steeds a little bit harder but they made it.

I must say a special Thank You to the two lads who rode over from Brighton as it's a fair old round trip just to take part and it was really appreciated believe me. I always think it odd that Brighton is in East Sussex but doubtless there's a reason. Ray Leggett always refers to East Sussex as, "The Dark Side", but that's probably because the sun rises a little later in Rustington!

Maybe as the winter progresses we can arrange a meeting somewhere like the Shore Bar in Seaford, so that the lads from the west of our area don't have quite so far to travel?

I look forward to the Festival of Transport this coming Bank Holiday weekend and hopefully some of you will be able to call in at the Club stand at some stage. It's always a great event, even if the weather is a little 'unsettled'....

For those of you who have undertaken to help set up the stand I'll see you there on Friday, about 1200hrs. I think I've got most things sorted but if you have any Bantam related things you feel may be of interest then don't hesitate to bring them along as I don't have a monopoly of ideas!

Best Regards,

Roy.
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

cocorico: 3252

Cornish Rooster: 3154

bart: 2829