A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Cable routing
Isbfan
Mickleover, Derby
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 19
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 23, 2020 - 12:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I could do with some help understanding the route for cables for front brake, choke and throttle- if someone could post a photo that would be great. 

a further question, mine seems reluctant to Start or run without the choke full on. How soon after starting should the choke be off? my mind is telling me the solution lies with the fuel and air mixture, so could it be that the problem is due to no paper elements in the pancake air filter?

as always, any help greatly appreciated

Mannanan
Leigh On Sea, Essex. Uk.
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 167
May 24, 2020 - 9:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure how the classic routing should be but this works for me. (Sorry it’s not a better picture) Originally I had the throttle and choke cables routed over the tank mounting bolt and under the tank tied alongside the wiring harness. This caused the revs to rise when I turned the bars to the right. Therefore I routed the throttle cable to be free on the outside of the tank. With regard to you needing constant choke, I will assume you have sussed that the choke lever position should be pointing towards you for normal running. Next, if you have a bush type pilot jet in the carb, I would start there. 

Ed.

4DE64AC6-F670-48EA-A131-F8CE10F0E057.jpeg

Isbfan
Mickleover, Derby
Second Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 19
May 24, 2020 - 4:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mannanan said
Not sure how the classic routing should be but this works for me. (Sorry it’s not a better picture) Originally I had the throttle and choke cables routed over the tank mounting bolt and under the tank tied alongside the wiring harness. This caused the revs to rise when I turned the bars to the right. Therefore I routed the throttle cable to be free on the outside of the tank. With regard to you needing constant choke, I will assume you have sussed that the choke lever position should be pointing towards you for normal running. Next, if you have a bush type pilot jet in the carb, I would start there. 

Ed.

4DE64AC6-F670-48EA-A131-F8CE10F0E057.jpeg  

Thanks for the photo 

I too suffered from the over revving problem, but I’m worried that using the route you have the throttle cable could catch in the steering lock “ears”. 
I was aware of the choke lever position, thank you but I don’t know what you mean by “bush type “ jet, care to expand?

Mannanan
Leigh On Sea, Essex. Uk.
Top Gear User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 167
May 25, 2020 - 8:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you go to the FAQ’s section on this site and look for Amal Concentric MK1. Look at the second post from Piquet and that will take you to a very good explanation of the workings of the pilot circuit. Sorry I can’t just post a link for you but not sure how to do that. Maybe someone else can help. Good luck.

Stoo63
GLASGOW
Area Rep
Forum Posts: 933
May 25, 2020 - 9:05 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here you go..  ** Please log in to view **

'55 D3 Battery; '58 Square Four (project); '59 D1 direct lighting plunger; '59 Tiger Cub; '60 5TA;  '76 FS1-E; '97 Honda Sky SGX50.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 223

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

cocorico: 3287

Cornish Rooster: 3122

bart: 2756

Blue Heeler: 2642

David Dale: 2389