A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
EAST SUSSEX AREA - A word or two from your Area Rep' - Update 20th January 2018
Beachy Head Boy
East Sussex
Area Rep
Club Member
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 20, 2018 - 3:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Last night we held our second meeting of 2018, (two in thee weeks; not bad going), which was attended by what has become the 'core members' in this area. We had nine members in total which is not bad going for a cold winters' night in January. Ray & Jacqui came along by motorcycle, as did Dave 'Buddy' Curd; Mark came along all the way from Spain. Well yes OK, he is back in the UK for a while but his enthusiasm for the Club and Bantams remains undiminished which is great.

Nothing specific was planned for last night but it was nice to keep in touch with each other and chat about all manner of things. The only downside to the evening was a very loud party going on in the other end of the bar but this is always possible in a public place. 

It would be great to see more of you at our meetings as the year progresses.

We have agreed to meet at Lower Horsbridge 0930hrs Sunday 18th March and then ride to The Chalet Cafe, Cowfold, to watch the bikes in the event that is organised by the Sunbeam MCC. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with it I have copied a paragraph from their website:

Starting now from the race course on Epsom Downs, the route takes riders through Surrey and into Sussex with the finish on Madeira Drive at Brighton. The Pioneer Run continues to be the world’s largest gathering of veteran (pre-1915) machines with annually, well over 370 entries going from Epsom to Brighton.

Machines are entered in one of three classes, these being:

Class A - machines built before 1905
Class B - machines built between 1905 and 1909
Class C - for those between 1910 and 1914.

Over the years, there have been a number of famous entrants including Prince Michael of Kent, John Surtees, Geoff Duke, Graham and Murray Walker, Jon Pertwee, Dave Bickers and Sammy Miller.

If, like me, your Bantam will not be ready for the road by that date then pop along on whatever else you may ride or, like two members in January, come along by car. I'll probably be on my new Honda as, thanks to the unhelpfulness of Bennetts Insurance brokers, the Bantam and Ariel will not be insured until June. If you are taking a bike out for the first time since a rebuild or winter lay-off I can arrange to have my van along too; just in case!

On a personal note my Bantam is now all sorted after an intensive week of work with lighting re-attached and wired in. 

Melanie and I are off to our usual stay in Wookey in February to attend the Bristol Show at Shepton Mallet and display the Bantam on the Club stand. We're really looking forward to meeting up with the National Officers again who are a great bunch of men and women. Incidentally, Ian mentioned last night that he fancied some Club clothing. If anybody wishes to purchase any then go to page 21 of Decembers' Banter magazine and you'll see it all advertised there. If you wish to order the items directly from Anne Kilvert I can collect them for you from her at the Show, to save postage. Just let me know. 

Our next meeting is at Horsebridge on Friday 16th February.

Best Regards,

Roy
Skatrekker
Brighton
Forum User
Club Member
Forum Posts: 22
May 9, 2018 - 12:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I joined after the events posted here  and live in Brighton I wondered if any further meetings will be planned ?

swalsh58
St. Mary's Bay, Kent
Club Dating Officer
Committee
Forum Posts: 914
May 9, 2018 - 4:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why don't you contact the area rep directly? Details are in the inside front cover of the Banter magazine

Current bikes......1958 D5, and a 77 Suzuki GT250 being rebuilt. I have a 74 Kawasaki KH400 in the queue, along with a 58 Tiger Cub and a 1980 Honda CB400N. A 1978 Honda CB125S on the road and  I currently ride a 2011 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 98

Currently Online: goldenflash
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Cornish Rooster: 3304

Anderzander: 3210

bart: 3128

Sprung Chicken: 2650

David Dale: 2493